Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I entered a contest and now subscribe to a few blogs. One of them had a posting of lists of 6... this should be the link. Well, last Saturdays topic was 6 ways you are like or unlike your mother...

Here are mine;

1. I am irreverent and find humor in most things, like she did.
2. I write letters (as in correspondence) with the same quirky      style and infrequency.
3. I question authority and am a Feminist (though I call it Humanist).
4. I love my daughter.
5. I love life.
6. Unlike my mother I am still here (she passed away many years ago).

I believe these things to be true from what I have gathered through the years of comments from my relatives. 

This was not supposed to be such a downer! My mother was a lot of fun! Even I remember that! And I hope to carry on that legacy of "Joie de Vivre!" 
 I hope all mothers everywhere had a wonderful weekend. It is important work worthy of lots of celebration! 

1 comment:

Martha said...

That is great...my dad really bonded with her, she was full of life! I wish I had met her. I absolutely love that photo of the two of you!!!