Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Customer Appreciation Day


I sent this wall vase off last week to a lovely woman in Oregon, let's call her K. It was a bit of a challenge for me because it was a custom color and these pieces are a bit temperamental. There was a kiln disaster, actually two, and despite the delays K stuck with me. Now she has her vase and I have a new glaze direction! I love it when things work out like that. A dark blue or red was requested and once I saw them on my pieces I began to rethink my pastel-y palate (I have had moments where I looked at my shelves and thought not so pleasant things about Jordan Almonds) So THANK YOU Ms.K!  There is a smaller one in my etsy shop. You will notice I am still honing my photography skills. And my posting skills, let's see if I can get another pic. up and where I want it... Nope.

1 comment:

Martha said...

It is beautiful. I wish I knew more about ceramics! Maybe I should just paint...I have a lovely butternut squash Rob picked from the garden this morning, a few cucumbers and hordes of tomatoes. They would make a nice still-life.