Friday, October 17, 2008

Collaboration


Last night Harriett and I drove up to Arts Upstairs in Phonecia, NY to deliver some work to my friend Lora. She and i are working on some pieces together and she wanted to include them in her solo show. I must say they look great! I forgot my camera so you'll have to wait to see them but i think I've posted some" in progress" shots. It is hard to keep your energy up when you're all alone in your studio, so having some one stop in now and again is really motivating. I finally buckled down, rolled my sleeves up, dove in, bit the bullet etc. etc. and did the glaze testing I should have done months ago. With much success I might add (I hope not too not prematurely). Here is an example of  the havoc that my original glaze recipe would occasionally wreak upon my poor innocent pots... Something I could tolerate happening to my own hard work but not tolerable when some one Else's time and energy might be wasted. Why the double standard? If I had the time for therapy I'm sure I could figure it out but for now I will just FIX IT! 

No comments: