Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 13

I just completed day 13 of my "28 Day Exercise Plan"... I know, it seems totally unrelated to my studio work and that is what I really must focus on now ('cause geeze, it's about time!) But, I am sticking to something (which may lead to sticking to everything) important to me and perhaps conquering the voices of my past. Yes, I am this old and have had this much therapy and this much spiritual practice under my belt and still these voices persist. Time to say good-bye to them or at least turn them down a bit... or drown them out with something more useful, like a good deep breath, which I noticed is where I seemed to stop in this book on previous attempts through the years. I will now allow myself to breathe deeply and take in my fill completely in every way.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said: "If I didn't pray for two hours everyday, I don't know how I would get everything done."

p.s. I would like to thank my friend (however distant) Jeremy for the inspiration. You teach even without being present!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Good for you! I'm glad you are able to stick to it...sometimes I think I can do MORE while I am working, the busier the better? I sure like time to relax, too. That quote about prayer is INSPIRING and wonderful. I wish I prayed for 2 hours every day. That should be my goal. To pray fully with my whole being, instead I always find myself distracted...